(October 2013)- current Agile Engineer for Pivotal Labs
- Architected, developed and led a team of 7 developers to build a VOD Android application with 100,000 - 500,000 downloads and a rating of 4.0. This application was featured in the play store.
- Architected, developed and led a team of 5 developers to build a VOD Android application with 100,000 - 500,000 downloads and a rating of 4.1.
- Maintain an open source Android scrolling library called Parchment
- Architected and developed a VOD Android application with 10,000 - 50,000 downloads and a rating of 4.4.
- Architected and developed a VOD Android application with 10,000 - 50,000 downloads and a rating of 4.6.
(May 2010)-(October 2013) Agile Engineer for Xtreme Labs Inc. (Mobile and Web)
- Architected, developed and led a team of 9 developers to build a digital receipt and document manager application with 10,000+ downloads and a rating of 3.6.
- Architected and developed the Aljazeera Google TV application. No longer in market. The application was featured in the app store upon Google TV 2.0 launch.
- Architected and developed the MusicMapper Android application with 10,000+ downloads and a rating of 4.3 (API no longer functioning).
- Built Networking, Image Cache and All Purpose Scrolling libraries for that are used in close to 30 Android applications produced by Xtreme Labs Inc.
- Lead research into Google TV, Google Glass and Chromecast for Xtreme Labs.
- Created and lead the Outreach team at Xtreme Labs. The Outreach team was responsible for creating innovation projects such as the Device Wall, finding and securing speaking opportunities for engineers, aiding engineers build material proposals for conferences and organizing travel for the engineers
- Worked with SharedBy.co (formerly Visibli and Assetize). Created and successfully implemented dynamic toolbar/widget system that is the basis of their product.
- Contributed heavily to training the Android team at Xtreme Labs Inc. to develop top tiered Android applications.
- Developed content for the bootcamp that our interns run through as a part of their training.
- Held the Anchor position for several projects. This position entails communicating with the client, archetechting and building the software, guidig the UI/UX design and managing a team of developer.
- Worked on Blackberry Android and Web applications (Some of the top selling apps in the market for some of North America’s largest corporations).
(January 2009)-(May 2010) Teaching Assistant at the University of Toronto
- Computer Organization (2010 - 2nd year course). Class takes students from a transistor to an ALU to a stack.
- Introduction to Computer Science I and II (2009-2010 - 1rst year courses). Showing incoming Computer Science students the basics of Object Oriented Development.
- Communication for computer scientists (January, 2009 - 2nd year course). Getting Computer Science students to communicate their work with each other.
- Computer Organization (2010 - 2nd year course)
- Introduction to Computer Science I and II (2009-2010 - 1rst year courses)
- Communication for computer scientists (January, 2009 - 2nd year course)
- High paced and high stress environment where multitasking, quick decisions and winning personalities are the key to success.
- Constant memory work.
- Strong A-type personality development.
2000-2002 Computer technician and Assistant Network Administrator at Richview Collegiate Institute.
- Sole computer technician for an entire high school.
- Fix all problems that arose with any computer at any time in the school.
- Prepare special stations for presentations of students and teachers.
- Prepare and upkeep computer configuration for entire courses.
- Some upkeep Network system.
Hobbies and Extra Curricular
- Open Source Projects
- Led a team of 7 people and contributed by archetecting the second screen framework that allowed the building of the Device Wall
- Spoke at the Ultimate Developer Conference about archetecting for Android and showed developers how to implenet a local REST cache. Blog post to come.
- Spoke about Google TV at a GDG meet up hosted by BNOTIONS
- Upkeep a blog with relevant information
- Developed a GUI factory and application for portable devices through J2ME (Java 2 Micro Edition).
- I am a member of the Fraternity of Phi Gamma Delta where I have held Recording Secretary and Social chair positions. Currently I am on the Board of Chapter Advisors.
- Was a part of the computer programming team at University of Toronto Mississauga (2008-2009).
Computer Skills and Interests
- Have worked in an Agile environment, directly interacting with clients and utilizing Pivotal Tracker to accomplish Agile strategy.
- Wide array of computer skills as well as a very strong ability to learn and use new software tools.
- Currently my main interests lie within lower-end programming, algorithm design and network communication
- Very comfortable with MVC and MVVM.
- University of Toronto Honor-Roll recipient 2008-2009 (2 classes above 90) and 2009-2010 (3 classes above 90).
- Ranked 25th Canada-wide in the CCC competition offered by Waterloo in 2002 (strong rankings in previous years as well).
- Graduated in may of 2011 from the University of Toronto with a “Specialist in Computer Science” (Bachelors of Science Degree.
- Participated in the Canadian University Software Engineering Conference (CUSEC 2009).
- Attended a summer program offered by U of T entitled “Computing Insights”.
- Completed high school with a French immersion diploma (Knew French fluently before completing the French immersion program)
- 4 years in French speaking elementary schools and middle schools in Québec.